Thursday, April 28, 2016

Smart Growth Initiative Debate Redux



COSTA MESA BRIEF VIDEO AVAILABLE NOW
The video recording by Costa Mesa Brief of the debate between council candidate Jay Humphrey and Mayor Pro Tem Jim Righeimer is now up and available for viewing.

THANKS, BARRY
This 85 minute record of the meeting is certainly worth watching - even if you were there.  Thanks to Barry Friedland and his Costa Mesa Brief crew for covering this event, and for the professionalism demonstrated in his final work product.  As mentioned in my earlier post about this event, the evening began with controversy over just who could record the event.  I suspect Barry wasn't happy about having unanticipated competition by folks using cell phone cameras.  However, his product is worth the wait.
LOP-SIDED INTERVIEWS
I confess I have not taken 90 minutes to watch it all again.  What I DID DO, however, was scroll out to the 1:18:00 mark on the presentation to see the interviews with folks who attended, to see what kind of balance there was at the tail end of this video document.  I was disappointed to find that, of the nine people interviewed for that segment, only two - Wendy Leece and Humhprey - represented that side of the equation.  The others interviewed were Righeimer, Mayor Steve Mensinger, Mesa Water District Director Jim Fisler, Costa Mesa Public Square minions Julie Fowler and Doug Vogle, John Hill (an organizer of the event) and Moderator Tom Pollitt.  Each of those folks were clearly supportive of the Righeimer side of the discussion.  I don't know how many other people were interviewed - the building cleared out pretty quickly at the end of the debate - so there may not have been other interview opportunities available.  I do know that Barry chased me half way to my car for an interview, which I declined to do and suggested folks could read my opinion on this site in the morning.  I did appreciate the offer, though.

JUST CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW AND WATCH...
So, for those interested in viewing this event, just click on the video and sit back and enjoy.  You can form your own opinion about which side made the most compelling argument.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home